All of our family worship guides are published at citychurchdiscipleship.com
CCW Discipleship Guide
Instructions: This Discipleship Guide is designed for you and your small group to take time to:
- Read and meditate on a Bible passage
- Reflect on its meaning and application for your life
- Renew your commitment of radical obedience to God’s call to Great Commission living
- Reproduce your spiritual walk through disciple making.
As a church, our desire is to be faithful first and foremost to God’s command to make disciples of all nations, and we must begin by being disciples ourselves.
3/3rds Discipleship Training Process Outline
1) Pastoral Care (5 minutes)
2) Accountability (10 minutes)
3) Worship (5 minutes)
4) Cast Vision (5 minutes)
5) New Bible Story Study (“Reflect” section, 30 minutes)
6) Break into groups of 2 or 3 and practice storytelling
7) Set goals: Three people with whom you will share this week’s story.
8) Pray for Faith, Obedience, and Boldness (Courage)
Recommended Focus Story: Acts 11:19-30
Review: Last week, we saw the entire Old Testament protocol for salvation through the Jewish nation completely overturned through the miraculous conversion of Cornelius and his entire household. Peter, the leader of the early church movement, was overwhelmed by God’s mission and recounts his experience to the Jewish Christian community so that they will better understand the Great Commission task. In the latter part of Acts 11, we see the Antioch church become a disciple making and missionary sending base.
Reflect: Anyone can learn how to facilitate a small group Bible study by memorizing these five questions.
1) What does this story teach about man?
2) What does this story teach about God?
3) What is the spiritual lesson?
4) How do I obey this spiritual lesson?
5) Who will I share this story with this week?
1) Why are the Jewish Christians upset with Peter? (11:1-3)
2) How does your current mission strategy include “all nations?” (11:18)
3) What are the characteristics of a faithful Christian leader? (11:22-24)
4) Describe in detail the importance of servant leadership teams. (11:25-30)
5) Read 1 Corinthians 12. What are spiritual gifts? Why are they important?
6) Read 1 Corinthians 13. Are you harboring unforgiveness in your heart?
7) Reach Matthew 5:1-12. What evidence of humility is there in your life?
1) Practice telling this story in small groups of 2 or 3.
2) List five people with whom you will share this story this week.
3) Pray for faith to believe God’s Word.
4) Pray for obedience to carry out God’s commands.
5) Pray for boldness to courageously proclaim Christ verbally.
6) How are you being faithful to the Great Commission?
7) Name your disciples. How are you training them to make disciples?