VIDEO on Vimeo: Church Planting Movements
What are Church Planting Movements (CPMs)?
A CPM is a rapid multiplication of indigenous churches planting churches that sweeps through a people group or population segment.
What are the essential elements of a CPM?
- Extraordinary prayer
- Abundant evangelism
- Intentional planting of reproducing churches
- The authority of God’s Word
- Local leadership
- Lay leadership
- House churches
- Churches planting churches
- Rapid reproduction
- Healthy churches
Why should a church adopt CPMs as their endvision?
- God is mightily at work in them.
- God’s people must align themselves with what God is doing.
- They are the most effective means in the world for drawing lost millions into saving, disciple-building relationships with Jesus Christ.
- They multiply the glory of God.
So, how do we get started?
- Immerse your community in prayer.
- Saturate your community with the gospel.
- Cling to God’s Word.
- Fight against foreign dependency.
- Eliminate all non-reproducible elements.
- Live the vision that you wish to fulfill.
- Build reproduction into every believer and church.
- Train all believers to evangelize, disciple, and plant churches.
- Discover what God is doing and join him.
(All information comes directly from IMB missiologist Dr. David Garrison’s book Church Planting Movements: How God Is Redeeming A Lost World, ISBN#0974756202)